Resolvido

DISABLE MEO WIFI

• 25 March 2021
  • 8 respostas
  • 3769 visualizações

• Principiante
  • 2 respostas

Greetings all.

Sorry for not writing in portugeuse but I can barely speak it let alone write it…

I have called MEO support on numerious occasions and am so sick of having to call for the same thing time and time again. I have MEO WiFi enabled on my home box, and I want it OFF.

I am sick of calling support to ask for it to be switched off, it is OFF in my customer area and am constantly told thats where it is switched off.

I do not want the MEO SSID being broadcast in my house for many reasons, one because If I go buy a can of coke they dont come around my house and place a big fat sign in my front lawn to advertise their product. And second if you guys knew anything about wireless networks you would know not to place two wifi networks on the same blimmin channel.

With it enabled I have various devices in my house which constantly try to connect to te MEO Wifi channel instead of the one I have setup, not to mention when I have issues the MEO crap works all the time. Which is just a joke right, my own service isnt working but your crap does…

Either way I want it off before I remove open the box and remove the wifi antenna myself, am sick of it.

HELP PLEASE conciserring your support keeps hanging up on me…. and doesnt seem to want to help with this issue, some have tried and other dont seem to care. Just excuses and I dont want to hear them.

Its my house, my air waves, my network, you are intruding in it without my consent!

So what can I do to switch the crap off?

icon

Solução por David27 25 April 2021, 14:13

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

8 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

Howdy,

I did not understood the issue, but anyway if you want to hide the SSID from both wireless (2.4 and 5G) you can do it easily on the router config panel.

Mind to access (via pc) to adress 192.168.1.254 (user: meo pw: meo). Access the both networks and there you have option to change password (don’t use same password to all networks) and also to hide the SSID broadcast. (mind also to change the SSID name, so those who samed the wireless credential will loose the access). 

note: you can also change the password to access the router, making the security from your side more robust.

I have no problems accessing the router or changing the SSID, thats not what I want.

With the MEo router comes the FREE or login access with the MEO-WiFi SSID, this is what I want off.

The alternative would be to switch off WiFi entirely but even that leaves the MEO-WiFi SSID active, so even OFF, it is still on…. Am so close to just opening the dam box and removing the antenna myself lol

Hi,

I have the same issue : I want to install a TP-link mesh network and avoid interference with other wifi routers like the MEO (Altice) one.

All I could do is set the transmit power to 12%, but not shut down the wifi.

Did you find a solution ?

Reputação 3
Crachá +13

You can turn off MEO-WiFi in the router’s settings: http://192.168.1.254 → Home network. 

Clock on it, then configure, uncheck the box “Interface enabled”.

Crachá

Did you ever figure out how to fix this? The above screenshot is showing a different GUI than what my router displays. So, I have the same issue:

I did NOT KNOW that MEO would use my router as a hotspot when I signed up for MEO. They did not inform me about this. I discovered as soon as the technician installed my router, and immediately asked him how to disable this. I was told I could do this in the admin interface. However, I can not see any option for that at all.

The accepted answer doesn't work. 
Not happy about additional WiFi in home while having some radio signals anyway

Reputação 7
Crachá +26

Hello @StanislavTrifan 

To desable the MEO WiFi you have to call 16029.