no way to correspond by email from Argentina after multiple attemps to resolve an issue on MEO's end

• 2 January 2024
  • 0 respostas
  • 2 visualizações

I moved to Argentina in August 2023 and cancelled my MEO services. They made an error on their end and then sent me an exorbitant bill. I have sent a formal letter of explanation to MEO 5 times via the online portal. Each time they respond by “noreply” email dismissing the issue and resending their incorrect exorbitant bill. I tried calling from Argentina - a phone call that cost me $65 in roaming fees. I was sent to 3 different departments and placed on hold each time while they sourced an English-speaking customer service rep. Finally I got to the right department and began to speak and the person shouted back at me “PORTUGUESE!!!”. I explained I been on hold for ages calling from Argentina, and they shouted PORTUGUESE!!! ONLY PORTUGUESE!!! I am adding a copy of the letter here since they have just sent me a threatening letter from a debt collector saying they are coming to seize my assets.

20 October 2023 Dear Meo,

I hope this letter finds you well. I am writing to bring to your attention a series of concerning issues I have encountered with the telecommunications service provider, MEO, regarding the purchase and subsequent cancellation of their phone and internet services. The purpose of this letter is to request your intervention and assistance in resolving this matter promptly.

I initially engaged with MEO services in January 2023, procuring both internet and phone line services from a representative located at the MEO store at Madeira Shopping. She provided me with her contact details, and she consistently demonstrated a high level of professionalism and efficiency in handling my requests and inquiries related to these services. During my relocation to new residences and the need for occasional data adjustments, she had been my primary point of contact at MEO.

On August 19th, 2023, I contacted her to initiate the cancellation of my MEO services, as I was leaving Portugal permanently. Unfortunately, I did not receive a response from her, and subsequently, I visited the Ponta Do Sol branch, which was geographically convenient for me, in order to request the service cancellation. Regrettably, the representative at this branch did not speak English. I resorted to using Google Translate to communicate my intention to cancel the services and provided supporting documentation, including my one-way flight details and proof of a long-term apartment booking.

With the assistance of this representative, an English-speaking customer service agent from MEO was contacted via telephone. I confirmed my request for service cancellation during the phone call, providing all necessary information. Upon signing the form presented to me in Portuguese by the store representative, I was unaware that the form did not reflect my request to cancel both the internet and phone line services. I had two separate contracts with MEO and had required the termination of both services.

My departure from the country on August 24th occurred with the belief that my cancellation request had been successfully processed, and I would not incur any penalties. However, on September 8th, I received an invoice for my phone line service in the amount of €113.28, which was significantly higher than the original monthly fee of €9.99 and included international or roaming services that I had not requested nor used. My MEO sim card remained in my spare phone which was not in use after 24th August. This invoice left me bewildered.

I immediately contacted my rep on September 8th, seeking her assistance in resolving this matter. Regrettably, I did not receive a response from her. On September 13th, I received a similar bill, this time for my internet service, totaling €40.31. This service had also been canceled and should not have incurred any charges.

On September 18th, I finally received a response from my rep, indicating that she had been on personal leave for three weeks and apologizing for her absence. At that point, I had already lodged a complaint with MEO through the MyMEO account portal, but no proper investigation or appropriate resolution had been provided. I requested my rep to cancel the direct debit to prevent the erroneous charge of €113.28.

She assured me that she would assist in the resolution of the cancellation and refunds. She mentioned that the phone line was still active and promised to arrange its cancellation. I signed the form she sent via email and returned it promptly. Unfortunately, on September 26th, MEO debited my bank account for the incorrect amount of €113.28.

To my dismay, on October 12th, I received another invoice for the phone line, this time amounting to €76.08. I reached out to my rep once again to inquire about these unexpected charges and to seek clarification on the status of the cancellations and refunds. This time, she did not respond.

In my effort to resolve this issue, I enlisted a local friend to call my rep at Madeira Shopping. She claimed not to be in the office and directed my friend to the store to ask for assistance from the staff. Upon her arrival at the store, my friend called my rep again so she could explain the situation to the store staff. My friend was then met with a surprising response as my rep provided a misleading explanation that she was in fact not a MEO staff member but a schoolteacher. The staff at Madeira Shopping offered no assistance and redirected my friend to the MEO store at La Vie. My multiple submissions of complaints via the MyMEO portal yielded no positive results. MEO, thus far, has shown a lack of interest in investigating or addressing the issue.

Given the circumstances, I was compelled to revoke MEO's authorization to debit my bank account and dispute the incorrect charges. Nevertheless, MEO has continued to issue invoices, totaling €269.00.

I have maintained evidence of all our communication, and despite my rep’s earlier assurances, she has failed to uphold her commitment to assist with the cancellations and refunds. Her actions have been further compounded by her denial of identity when questioned by my friend. In light of these circumstances, I believe that MEO's conduct falls short of the professional standards expected from a service provider.

I kindly request your assistance in resolving this issue and guiding me on how to effectively cancel the incorrect invoices and ensure that the service cancellations are processed from the requested date of August 19th, 2023. Your intervention and guidance will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter. I look forward to your response and assistance in resolving this situation. Below is a copy of the WhatsApp correspondence between me and my rep.

Sincerely,

0 respostas

Sê o primeiro a responder!

Responder