Skip to main content
Resolvido

After buying new iphone from MEO mobile hotspot disappeared

• 3 July 2024
  • 9 respostas
  • 72 visualizações

Hello. I use MEO for a year now. One year ago i bought the 50GB tariff and used it with iphone 11. And mobile hotspot was always working. One week ago i bought iphone 15 pro from MEO, and they presented me 50GB of internet. And now mobile hotspot is not available anymore. I contacted technical support, but they tell that this is the problem of my phone settings. But there are no any settings. APN is setted up correctly. And there are no mobile hotspot at all, and i need it for my work.

9 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

https://support.apple.com/en-gb/111785

Crachá

thanks, but i dont have this menu items. i think they are blocked by MEO. My thoughts are that meo blocked it when offered me 50gb internet with the phone...

Crachá

If you can’t see the option for Personal Hotspot, contact your network provider to make sure you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.

from the link above. And MEO technical support tells that they can do nothing...i dont know what to do.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

MEO does not block access to the hotspot.

Call 16209.

Crachá

if you buy unlimited internet access, there will be no hotspot, for example. It will be blocked by MEO. As i dont see this settings in the mobile screen settings, the article from apple that u give above tells:

If you can’t see the option for Personal Hotspot, contact your network provider to make sure you can use Personal Hotspot with your plan.

And i did the call to 16209, as u advise. They tell that i should set it in my phone settings, but there are no settings if netweork provider blocked it. They cant tell anything else. This forum is another entrance to support i hope. And with described problem someone can help, i hope.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

@juzeppe 

As i said, MEO does not block the hotspot.

Crachá

ok, if there are no settings in IOS to enable it other than APN settings, why dont i have mobile hotspot then?

if MEO doesnt provide hotspot for unlimited tariffs does it mean that they dont block the hotspots?

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

@juzeppe

MEO does not block hotspot, even on unlimited data plans.

Its not MEO's fault.

Crachá

OK, today i solved the problem. After visiting MEO and Apple with no success, i decided to try to create the second copy of my eSIM. And now, after i activated it, everything works as expected! I have hotspot and a lot of settings for this eSIM.

Nothing else worked. Deleting sim and installing it, reseting of any settings and so on.

Responder