Pergunta

Activation esim

• 30 July 2023
  • 3 respostas
  • 233 visualizações

Hi everyone,

I've just bought an esim card for my next trip to Portugal. If I install it today, does my billing cycle (duration of the card, i.e. 15 days) start today or only when I'm in Portugal (I'm currently in Canada).

Thanks in advance,
Alex

3 respostas

Reputação 3
Crachá +18

Hello @Alex_Lec , the billing on a MEO card is started whenever the card is used for the first time. On eSIM profiles, this is the moment when the first install is completed. 

Thanks @Luís_MEO for your answer. Unfortunately I installed the esim card right when I purchased it, thinking it would “activate” only when I land in Portugal and connect to a Portuguese cell tower for the first time. For your information, I purchased a prepaid one (15days) and it’s been more than 15 days since I first installed it… The esim card is currently listed in my SIM card list on my phone but I checked off the activation button while I’m not in Portugal. Will it still work when I land in Lisbon next week ?

Hello @Alex_Lec , the billing on a MEO card is started whenever the card is used for the first time. On eSIM profiles, this is the moment when the first install is completed. 

Greetings! I have purchased eSim and installed it but it is not active yet (more then 1 hour). Currently I am located in Poland and planning my trip to Portugal. Is there any addittional activation must be done?

Responder