Pergunta

segurança fraca

• 7 May 2024
  • 6 respostas
  • 35 visualizações

We had another router installed recently in our house. The connection shows “weak security” while the previous router which we had for many years was always secure. The technician who came to install the router said he can’t do it.

how to resolve this issue?

6 respostas

Reputação 5
Crachá +20

A MEO usa WPA2 no Fibergateway GR241AG e GR141DG e WPA3 no Fibergateway GR141IG

Tanto uma como a outra são seguras, a rede que aparece como “weak security” deve ser a MEO-WIFI que é um hotspot público da MEO.

It is Meo but how can I fix this issue as I don’t want it unsecured. It shouldn’t be provided hotspot as it’s private. Do you have a solution of how it can be fixed? Thanks.

Reputação 5
Crachá +20

@Robert Griffiths 

Entre no ip 192.168.1.254 > WiFi > Editar > Segurança > WPA2 (e se disponível WPA3).

Em alternativa use a app MEO Smart Wifi que é mais simples

Thanks for your responses. We don’t have fiber. Our connection is through satellite therefore I can’t use meo smart or fibergateaway. I could ring meo channels but it’s a nightmare getting through to them. Literally long time wait until someone answers and some of them are rude unfortunately.

Reputação 5
Crachá +20

@Robert Griffiths Entao entre no 192.168.1.254 (ou procure o ip do seu router)

After I rang meo to consult them about this issue, they said that they don’t do this configuration and it comes with all their routers as it is. How that possible? While I had an older router that my device didn’t specify as a “weak security” while with the new router, it says weak security!

the technical support says that those routers cannot be configured and if I can I must change my device options to accept the protocol. I couldnt understand this. Does that make any sense to anyone?

Responder