Resolvido

Blocking Unfamiliar Device from Network

• 4 January 2022
  • 4 respostas
  • 424 visualizações

There is an unknown device that keeps connecting to my network. How can I block it? I have already tried changing the password to the network.

icon

Solução por omicronpersei8 4 January 2022, 12:57

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

4 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

if you changed the password and the device still there, might be a device that you have. What is the name of the device that appears on the wifi? Did you checked the MAC adress on google of that device?

It is definitely a foreign device as it is using a vendor from the USA. The device name is “Jude”. How can I block it? 

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

Might try to block that on your wifi by mac address - https://conteudos.meo.pt/meo/Documentos/Manuais/Routers/FiberGateway-Manual-Utilizador-V4.0-3.PDF page 50

Path - Wifi - Segurança (secutiry) - Add mac filter
Mind also to check, just in case if you have meo wifi guest (wifi for guests same)

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

I still believe the equipment is yours. Unfortunately some mac addresses depending on the manufacturers sometimes appear strange names. For example, I had a "compal" for some time in my LAN. Compal here in Portugal is a brand of a soft drink. :D I was puzzled by this. 

I did the same, blocked and then realized that I’ve blocked an equipment I own. :sweat_smile:
Let us know if that is your case, or similar. Never heard of “Jude” manufacture