Skip to main content

I was 3 months without service, from sep. through dic 2023. Never got any money back… 

3 months?! Why? 

Adsl line didn’t work anymore. It took them 3 months and a bit to install the Fiber. In the meantime we were cut off, but had to pay the whole time. We got prepaid cards from Vodafone (paid by us; we had asked for MEO cards to bridge that time, which would have been acceptable, but MEO refused) during that time. Since there was no reimbursement we consider MEO a complete ripoff company. 

ADSL lines are being deactivated throughout Portugal and replaced by Fiber.

But MEO does not deactivate the service without first having an alternative to Fiber, and they normally inform the customer by letter, email or telephone that the ADSL line is going to be deactivated and offer a proposal to switch to Fiber, and if it is not yet available, to Satellite, so that the customer is not left without service. 

If you were without service at home, you had every right to cancel the service after 15 days due to non-compliance with the service by MEO, and received a refund for the 15 days without service.

The question is, during these 3 months, did you continue to pay the bill as if the service was working? 

You should have complained to Customer Support beforehand that you wanted an alternative, switch to Satellite TV and 4G Internet, temporarily, for example, while there was no fiber, or else canceled the contract, and asked for a refund for the days he was without service, now if you have already paid for these three months and did not notify that you were without service, now there is nothing to do. 

We are customers here, we can't do anything. If you want to complain, do so through appropriate channels, (Portal da Queixa or Livro de Reclamações) or complain to customer support lines 

Yes I paid the bills...your comment is not really helpful at all. All you say: “you should have”, and, I did most of what you suggest up there. I have a whole collection of complaints that I posted during that time, portaldequeixa (many times), at the Meo-loja directly, calling by phone, etc. A crew showed up at a rhythm of maybe 3 times a month, trying to solve the issue. It was like in a bad comedy show, where one makes fun of underdeveloped countries...then I left the country for a couple of months (after they finally had it solved) and had other things to take care of. 
All I’m saying, reimbursement should have ocurred automatically… any decent provider would do that (as it has happened several times, for ex. the Water company). The fact that it didn’t is a clear sign of what this company is really like. But what the heck, if the political institutions let them do or not do whatever they like, then I guess one simply has to live with that. As my elderly neighbors say, after not having access to TV signal for several months (same thing happened to them): “Portugal é assim!”

Sorry, but we here as customers can't do anything else.

Normally when there is no service, due to a breakdown for example, a discount, a refund, is given for the days that there is no service. And when you don't receive a refund, you usually shouldn't pay the invoice and ask for a correction by contacting the Support Lines, and usually an assistant answers the question, You can also make complaints, As you have already done this several times and through several means, and wait for an answer. 

It also happened a long time ago, unfortunately it is now getting late to resolve the issue, but call Customer Support again to try to resolve it. 

Unfortunately, and I repeat, no one from MEO will read this by the forum, and solve the problem, much less us as customers, we managed to solve.

Responder