Pergunta

Internet connection errors

• 23 May 2023
  • 4 respostas
  • 293 visualizações

Hello,

When I use WIFI in my home network, I have had a problem to access many of the abroad websites (Korean) from 1 week ago. For example, the bank website, stock website, portal site, etc.

I highly suspect that something had changed in MEO, because I don’t have any problem to access those sites before then. 

Can you advise me to solve this problem?

When I try to access those site, the messages are like followings

- THE NETWORK YOU ARE USING IS NOT STABLE, PLEASE TRY AGAIN LATER.

- Unable to resolve host: No address associated with hostname

* When I disconnect the MEO WIFI and using mobile VODA data, I can access those website. 

Thanks.

4 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +21

meo wifi is a “free network”, probably that’s why you get that error, probably new secure protocols in those sites (or routing) were implemented

It's not the free wifi. I mean ADSL internet in my home.

Reputação 7
Crachá +21

It's not the free wifi. I mean ADSL internet in my home.

ok, you said “meo wifi” which is an outdoor service from meo (free wifi to meo customers on places that provide that service)

PS - To try to solve your problem, it is best for you to contact meo services (call 16209, place an request for assistance in the customer area or at a meo store)

Reputação 3
Crachá +8

Hi @bruxim

If you aren't using "private" DNS servers on the device (mobile, laptop or desktop) to acess the site, means that you're using the DNS servers assigned automaticly by the ISP.
Therefore, you need to check if you're too far from the router, if you have enough bandwith and also try using ethernet connection to access the site.
If you also using a switch or an extender\repeater, make sure you try using one of the ethernet ports of the router to discard any problem with a device on the Lan.

Responder