Skip to main content

I phoned MEO and a helpful lady mailed me a form to fill in and also mentioned that a photocopy of the passport of the new person should be included.

I went to the shop in Portimaõ with the filled in form and the copy of the passport of the new person (who lives in another country but is moving to our house).

The gentleman in the shop said we needed an additional form to be filled in and also a copy of something to confirm the NIF number of the new contract person.

I took the additional form and a photocopy of the NIF confirmation to a lady in the Portimão shop and she advised me that basically everything was wrong!

Just to confirm: 1st contact with MEO by phone, 2nd contact with a man in a MEO shop, 3rd contact with a lady in the same MEO shop ----and nobody basically agrees with each other!!!

So, I filled in a complaint form and ….yes you guessed it…..I got a response which is also entirely different to the 3 previous MEO employees because the response is that changing a contract can only be done in the shop by both the existing person and the new person.

Thats really helpful when the new POTENTIAL CUSTOMER currently lives in another country and she wants internet the day she arrives not a week later! 

You can also do it online:
meo.pt/servicos/casa/alterar-servicos/mudanca-de-casa

Boa tarde eu tenho o canal Nowo no satelite estou a ver agora esse canal poseram e eu só vi agora 

Thats for moving to a new address, but not for changing an existing contract to a new person (resident).

@Odelouca 

To change the account holder online, follow these steps: 

The MY MEO website has changed somewhat (there is no envelope in the top left corner), but I did find the page to change things on the conta and that took me to the forms which I filled in and took to the MEO shop in Portimão…….

Eu estou muito contente com o serviço meo em casa 

You are very lucky Sra. Sofia!    I wish I could say the same.  Maybe you go to a different shop - not in Portimão??

The MY MEO website has changed somewhat (there is no envelope in the top left corner), but I did find the page to change things on the conta and that took me to the forms which I filled in and took to the MEO shop in Portimão…….

cliente.meo.pt

Responder