Pergunta

Why is it so hard to contact Meo?!

• 26 May 2020
  • 4 respostas
  • 171 visualizações

I have just arrived in Portugal from the UK and the first thing I need to do is buy a Portuguese mobile SIM.

There is no way to contact Meo other than via telephone and they do not accept non-Portuguese phone numbers on the call back form. The +351 961 001 620 number does not work.

When you use the online store to order a SIM, during checkout it demands a Portuguese mobile number. I tried using a Portuguese landline number and it says “invalid, must use a mobile number”. If I had a Portuguese mobile number I would not be contacting Meo for a SIM card!

I finally managed to get a callback by purchasing a VOIP Portuguese number that forwards to my UK phone and using that. Completed the order on the phone and then the contract arrives via email and it is incorrect. And guess what? No way of contacting Meo again.

Holy hell this is frustrating. How can a telecoms company be so hard to contact!?

If it is this hard to contact them to try to give them money, what is it going to be like if I need customer support?

If anyone from Meo customer support is reading this, please contact me. Installation of my equipment is scheduled for tomorrow and I will be refusing installation because the contract is incorrect.

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

4 respostas

Stupid company no contact no update for phone bought 3 mths ago ..

They probably don’t care because either they don’t understand English or don’t care foreign customers 

Reputação 5
Crachá +15

you can order a SIM card online

https://loja.meo.pt/Equipamentos/Cartoes-SIM/

Have a lovely day.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

possibly due to constraints associated with COVID and the pandemic. If you choose to call support it can be more painful, as the lines must be full. The option is via the customer area, with a properly registered MEO product, you will have access to orders that you can send directly to the services.