Pergunta

Upgrade to WIFI

• 13 January 2023
  • 6 respostas
  • 29 visualizações

Crachá

I have been with MEO for 5 years and was supplied with a router when I first took out the contract it also frequently crashes now due to overheating.  I am now on the M4 deal that as per your website comes with a WiFi 6 router.  I still have the original old router from 5 years ago.  Can I take this router into the MEO store and switch it for new WiFi 6 one that is part of the package?

6 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

No you can´t. Does not work like that. The conditions on the website are only for new customers. You have to complain to the technical department.

Crachá

Well as I have honoured my original contract.  I will just cancel and take out a new contract as a new customer 

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

ok, this is perhaps a way… you have to mention a new NIF number.

Crachá

I didn't do that before.  On my first 2 years they brought out a new deal that was cheaper.  So because I had completed my 2 years I asked to change to the new deal.  I asked if I cancelled and started a new deal if I could have the new price and they said yes.  So I started the cancellation procedure but after a few days they backed down and just gave me the new deal.  

This should not be needed.  Why Meo treat loyal customers like this is beyond me.  

Why would someone taking out a contract now get a wifi6 router free when a current customer would be expected to pay 2.99 a month for life.  

Where in the contract does it state that once you have honoured your current contract you cannot take out a new contract on the current terms?

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

it’s mentioned on the website:

Crachá

I will go the cancellation route then and start as a new customer or jump to another ISP.  Because there is no way I am paying them 2.99 a month, forever, for a router that will cost them less than 20 euro.  

Are we saying that if I stayed with MEO for 20 years I would be stuck on a 20 year old router and sat box.  That would be insane.

Responder