The Old Bait and Switch ...

• 13 December 2020
  • 0 respostas
  • 95 visualizações

Crachá

I entered into a 2-year contract with MEO on 28/11/2020, which I couldn’t read, but the young lady pointed out that I had two new SIM cards with 3,500 phone calls and SMSs and 10GB of data per month. Her name is P….a and she works at the MEO store in the Algarve Outlet in Olhao. She told me that our cellular service was activated immediately and that no billing would occur until the equipment, also in the contract (TV, home phone, internet, wifi), is installed in the home. I told her clearly that we would not be able to install the equipment until the 4th or 5th of January 2021 and she said ‘that’s correct, no billing’. I thought it odd, but who was I to complain.

Well, our phones stopped working last night. I have been on the phone, on-hold mostly, for the past 5-6 hours/ speaking with 5-6 different people, only two of which spoke broken English. The first man finally figured out that the contract had not been entered into the system correctly and his colleagues were working on it, then the line went dead. I have even been getting messages that they were going to install my equipment on 18/12/2020 (attached) even though I told her clearly it wasn’t happening until January.

I just got off the phone with a guy named Ugo or Hugo who insists that we are on a ‘pre-paid plan’ and we ran out of money. I told him that was incorrect and what I was told in the store by P….a (who used to live on the ground floor of the building we’re moving into until a month ago), until it became apparent that the conversation was going obviously going nowhere and told him to cancel the invalid contract effective immediately and that we were going to Vodafone and get two new SIM cards tomorrow because we need phones and data.

It seems apparent that P….a was taking advantage of my lack of understanding of Portuguese in the contract, pulling a bait and switch and collecting a commission from the sale. I don’t know about here, but that kind of thing is illegal in the US. Oh, and by the way she mentioned that Vodafone would be going out of business in Portugal within a year, which I found quite odd and not very probable. Another tactic to make a sale obviously.

Bottom Line: Is there a problem canceling the contract and entering a new contract with Vodafone? It will cause more nightmares because of another number change, but I don’t do business with companies that play those kinds of games.

Am I just lucky or do all of MEO’s clients go through this kind of chaos?

PS - Who thinks she should be fired immediately, maybe I’ll watch!

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.