Pergunta

Cancellation of Contract (URGENT)

• 4 October 2022
  • 10 respostas
  • 729 visualizações

To whom it may concern,

I need to cancel my MEO contract due to the fact that I will be relocating to another country at the end of this month 30th October,2022.

I have went over to your stores in Gaia & Arrábida serval times but the only answer back to me is to wait for the call from your company. However, I have never received your call so I contact your customer service instead, but every time the call went through ALL YOUR STAFF SAID THE SAME exact phrase “SORRY MY ENGLISH IS NOT GOOD, PLEASE WAIT FOR ANOTHER CALL FROM OUR COLLEAGUE”. I’m not joking, how long should I wait? 1 day? 2 day? 1 years? 10 years? It is extremely frustrating as I have already provided all the documents your company required but have not received a confirmation of the cancellation. Moreover, as I’ve mentioned I will be moving away from Portugal by the end of this month. Please, would your company please look into my case and situation and give me a reply as soon as possible? I really really look forward to your good reply. Thank you!

Kind Regards,
Bryan Wong

10 respostas

Dear MEO,

I am writing this email in disbelief, after having received this invoice. 

The chaotic processes (yes, multiple processes and multiple different instructions every time) of cancelling, and then de-cancelling to change the owner of the contract to the person who were moving into our apartment, are on MEO- not on us.

First, when we signed with MEO we were promised by two salespeople that cancelling within the 2-year contract would not be an issue if we were to move out of the country and service area of MEO (we have now moved from Portugal, to Norway- no MEO here). When we asked to cancel over phone, we were informed that the salespeople had been lying to us, and that there was nothing the support people could do (this is of course incredibly bad customer service and training of employees). 

Second, when we tried to cancel over myMEO were told the only way to cancel the contract was by paying an invoice for the remaining of the months. Obviously, we called your supportline to hear other possibilities, considering what we were promised in the first place. We were then informed that we could change owner of the contract in a MEO store, and let the new tenant take over our 2-year contract, and the remainder of the months.

Third, when we arrived at MEO we were told we could not change owner of the contract on that day, because we had to pay a final bill + wait for the system to reboot overnight. We did that and came back the next day.

Fourth, when we arrived the day after, another service employee told us that we could have done that the day before (we were of course irritated to hear that we had wasted even more time on this). However, we managed to change the contract to the new tenant and a new contract was made in her name, and our contract was terminated.

Fifth, on both visits to the MEO store I asked and got confirmation that if we changed the contract owner, we would not be billed for the remainder of the months, our contract would be terminated and the contract would be valid for the new tenant. To no surprise, this did not happen either. The new contract was cancelled by MEO, and the new tenants had to write a new 2-year contract and pay a higher price than what we did. And now we are being billed for MEO´s mistake.

I am writing this email, and I do not intend to waste any more time on this enterprise neither by phone, email or through bills. Unless a response is under this email, I will not read it or pay attention to it. 

I ask you to immediately cancel this invoice, and close any and all "open" cases on my name. If anything is not in order, rest assured that we have done everything correctly, however your service-, sales- and support workers are constantly changing the premises and rules as they wish. 

Regards,

Anna

Crachá

De gir max faen i kunder som ikke snakker Portugisisk. -Men dersom du ikke har planer om å flytte tilbake til Portugal, kan du sikkert ta det helt med ro -Tviler på at de sender regningen til Norge, om de i det hele tatt finner ut hvor i landet du bor.

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

Em norueguês?! A sério? 😂 

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

@Ricardo27 este povo está em Portugal e desconhece o tradutor Google.

Depois os tugas é que têm de falar a língua deles , não faço isso , sempre em português.

Eles que traduzam .

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

@Trutafario

Sem dúvida! Inglês ainda se pode dar um desconto, é internacional... agora outras línguas não faz muito sentido. 

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

@Ricardo27 internacional em Portugal é o português, assim como o internacional em países de origem inglesa é o inglês.

Chega lá a falar português e vês o que eles se esforçam (nada), por mim, cá é igual (pelo menos no escrito) , é a mania da superioridade.

Bem que escrevo tugues, embora perceba e saiba , “onde fores ter , faz como vires fazer “.

Crachá

Em norueguês?! A sério? 😂 

The author is Norwegian…..

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

I don’t think we have many norsk speaking guys in a Portuguese forum 😉

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

Dá mt trabalho copiar e colar do tradutor 🤷‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

Traduziu o que escreveste 😝😝

Cancelling your contract is a nightmare, I’ve spent days trying to do it without success.

The customer service won’t do it for you over the phone, asking you to do it yourself online, but their website is full of bugs.

The attached pics show the sequence of the process and the reason it fails. For those of you who understand code look at Screen 3.png

Removing the mobile number in Screen 1.png, does not force the system to send you the validation code via email, as advised by the MEO agent over the phone.

An overpriced product and an abysmal customer service. I’ll never use this company again.

Any comments MEO?

Responder