Pergunta

Assistance please

• 10 June 2020
  • 1 resposta
  • 100 visualizações

Good morning

Sorry for writing in English.  I have probably had the worst customer service ever from Meo than any other company in my life.

I want to cancel the service and have sent a letter to be delivered by a Portuguese friend to Meo, to cancel the service after I have paid my contract for 2 years.

Meo say I have to turn up in person or post from Scotland direct.

I will not be paying after June as I have fulfilled my part of the contract but why can they not take instruction in writing without my being there in person.

Over the 2 years it has cost me 100’s of euros in phone calls to sort problems, I have been lied to so many times and finding the cancellation letter on the Meo site is almost impossible.

In the UK, they can take my instruction over the phone, why can they not do that in Portugal.  We are still all part of Europe and all follow the same laws.

Could someone point me in the right direction to be able to cancel my contract in the proper manner.  Meo have obviously not heard of Covid 19 as it is unlikely I will mange to come to Portugal this year.

I would like to do this right.

Thank you

1 resposta

The reason MEO will not deal with cancellation by phone Is to force you to keep paying them excessive charges as long as possible and perhaps even prevent you from cancelling altogether. 

I have had the same experience and was forced to cancel the Direct Debit. No doubt they will contact me now that I am no longer paying them. 

I am also going to make a complaint to the Telecoms Regulator in Portugal and recommend you do the same. It is Autoridade National de Comunicacoes (ANACOM).

Responder