Top-up Talk-Time and Data Online

• 26 September 2018
  • 9 respostas
  • 853 visualizações

Ola - 'desculpe that I don't yet speak Portuguese but I've just arrived and I'm learning as fast as possible. please can you advise me how to re-charge talk-time and data to my MEO SIM online , using my debit card? Obrigado.

Vanessa_MEO 2 ano atrás

Hello @bwana 

The process of toping up a PAYG MEO card is very easy, I’m having an hard time imagining why you can’t top up your phone!

If you have a debit ou credit card you can simply go to an ATM machine and choose the top up SIM cards option. Then you just have to insert your reference (MB reference) and that’s it.

The other way is to register your card in your client area - my meo - and choose the card you want to top up. Then you just need to choose the amount, the payment method (credit card or MBway), and that’s it.

Last, if you don’t have a debit or credit card, you can top up using money, at one of our shops.

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

9 respostas

Ola - 'desculpe that I don't yet speak Portuguese but I've just arrived and I'm learning as fast as possible. please can you advise me how to re-charge talk-time and data to my MEO SIM online , using my debit card? Obrigado.
Crachá

I have been here 1 year and I have only managed to do a fixed monthly direct debit for our mobile phones. We have tried most other ways of paying but we just can’t get them to work.

This means that if one of our phones runs out of talktime, we just allow it to go offline until the monthly direct debit. Our experience is that the process of paying will most likely consume a lot of our time without actually resulting in a payment. 

I find it amazing that it is so hard to top up a mobile phone. I have had PAYG on 3 continents with mobiles in many countries - east, west, north and south. I have never encountered a company so unable to get paid.

If their payments actually worked, they would see hundreds of EUR in additional business from us - but they don’t. I guess profit or service is not important for MEO.

I will try to switch to some other operator that allows me to top up my phone in a practical way but I’m guessing that the switching process will also be painful .. so postponing until I have more time.

If you are reading this considering getting a MEO PAYG simcard -  my recommendation would be :  don’t. It is just too impractical to keep it topped up - you’ll find yourself with a phone that works 3 weeks out of 4 and there’s nothing you can do about it. 

Crachá

I just spent another hour of my life seeing if I could find a way to top up my phone.

No success .. will now wait 1 week until the next direct debit is paid and the mobile data starts working again.

Yet another 10 EUR of possible revenue lost for MEO.

Perhaps you could sell top up vouchers to poor young people ? they could then re-sell them to others who are unable to pay. I have seen this in many countries and it is a good source of revenue for poor young people. They usually get 10 % of the sold voucher amount.

Some people are using foreign mobile payment services just to pay for the MEO topup (since non of the payment methods offered by MEO actually work for them) - this costs about 10 % as well .. but the money goes to a virtual entity in London instead of to young people in Portugal who could need some extra cash.

Please launch simple paper scratch vouchers in Portugal for the above reasons.

Even the poorest countries in Africa/Asia have been able to get this to work .. why is it so impossible in Portugal ?

Reputação 7
Crachá +26

Hello @bwana 

The process of toping up a PAYG MEO card is very easy, I’m having an hard time imagining why you can’t top up your phone!

If you have a debit ou credit card you can simply go to an ATM machine and choose the top up SIM cards option. Then you just have to insert your reference (MB reference) and that’s it.

The other way is to register your card in your client area - my meo - and choose the card you want to top up. Then you just need to choose the amount, the payment method (credit card or MBway), and that’s it.

Last, if you don’t have a debit or credit card, you can top up using money, at one of our shops.

Crachá

Hello Vanessa,

“The other way is to register your card in your client area - my meo - and choose the card you want to top up. Then you just need to choose the amount, the payment method (credit card or MBway), and that’s it.”

So - this is my MEO. Where/how do I add the card?

What menus should I use ?

Reputação 7
Crachá +26

Look’s like you don’t have a top up MEO card. If you did, you should have something like this, where you could choose the “recarregar” button:

Top up cards

Crachá

Well .. I have a PAYG sim.

This is why I need to top it up, as I have no more data.

Pity that it didn’t work.

I currently don’t feel like driving to the nearest city to find a MB enabled ATM (Note:  holders of foreign cards will not have access to this service ).

I’ll just wait until the direct debit tops up the account again then… as usual.

As I said earlier ..  another 10 EUR of revenue lost on your side.

And also, as I said earlier: if you are considering MEO PAYG, bear these issues in mind.

If I was choosing a mobile provider now - I would not choose MEO again, purely for this reason.

Reputação 7
Crachá +26

But if you want more data, you can easily do it inside my MEO. Just scroll down to the NET no telemóvel option, click “Alterar” , there you can change your internet tariff plan or just add temporary more data plafond.

Crachá

Wahayy ! It worked !

Thanks Vanessa !