Pergunta

MEO eSIM for US tourist

• 14 May 2022
  • 0 respostas
  • 241 visualizações

We will be visiting Portugal this summer. We have Verizon cellular in the US. We would like to do a MEO eSIM during our visit. I have a few questions about how that would work...

1. I see on Verizon’s website that we have to activate the eSIM plan before leaving the US I believe. Is that right? We can’t install it before we leave but then only activate it once we arrive in Portugal? Or would it only activate on power up of the phone in Portugal when the MEO network is visible?  I ask as I need to know when the clock starts on the duration of the eSIM.  https://www.verizon.com/support/knowledge-base-220955/
  2. The longest MEO eSIM plan is for 15 days but we will be in Portugal longer than that. If we have to activate before we leave the US I can’t see any way to have coverage in Portugal for the last days of our trip. Any suggestions?  If we can install the MEO eSIM before we leave but the 15 days only start when we power up the phone in Portugal then we should be okay - we can keep one of our phones turned off for a few days (there are four of us with four phones and I am thinking four eSIM cards). But only if the 15 days start when the phone first sees the MEO network in Portugal so that’s what I need clarification on.
  3. I understand that the eSIM is data only (so no phone calls or texting). So we’d use WhatsApp while in Portugal and I think we’d need to figure out some way with Verizon to stop them from charging us international roaming. Sound right?

Thanks for any help anyone can provide here!

0 respostas

Sê o primeiro a responder!

Responder