MEO Enjoy Card expired after two days??

• 31 August 2016
  • 3 respostas
  • 1105 visualizações

Hi,

at 29th this month (two days ago) I bought a MEO Card with the option "enjoy" for 15 Euro. The card worked well for the first day, everything was fine. In the middle of the next day (30th) the connection broke down. So I visited the next MEO store in Faro. There they told me I have to top the card again, because all the 15 GB where already used. Even if this could not be in any way possbile (used max 500 MB), I topped up the card with an extra 12.50 Euro. Now one day later I recieved a message with the information that I need to top up the card again! How can that be possible? I paid a sum of 27.50 Euro for like 1 GB Internet and two days!

The service at your store in Faro was horrible. The guy could not explain me how this was possible and how all the GB's are gone.

regards

3 respostas

After visiting the third(!) MEO store, they told me that my traffic could be used, because my facetime is activated. How can facetime use 15 GB and the other day 12.5 GB of volume per day? I never was so unhappy with a provider like with MEO. Even nobody is responding to my emails since four days. Never ever MEO again...
kadcel escreveu:
After visiting the third(!) MEO store, they told me that my traffic could be used, because my facetime is activated. How can facetime use 15 GB and the other day 12.5 GB of volume per day? I never was so unhappy with a provider like with MEO. Even nobody is responding to my emails since four days. Never ever MEO again...

I am currently in dispute with MEO over a similar situation.  I have an Enjoy card I very occasionally use, I charged it with €10 on 30/08 so that some friends could use it while visiting Portugal.  To my surprise, it appears that it is possible to easily subscribe to expensive third-party value-added services without being aware of what is happening, e.g. by visiting certain sites where terms and conditions are nebulously displayed and by clicking on a 'not-really-clear-what-this-does' button.  To cut a long story short, on 02/09 €4,99 was debited from the card's balance after such a service was activated.  I have managed to track down the company involved and have lodged a complaint, both with them and with MEO.

I find it shocking that a company such as MEO that prides itself on having the best customer service (their home page refers to some 1st Prize for Customer service or somesuch, I don't really give a **bleep** at this point) should stoop to such low practices, establishing partnerships with companies of doubtful reputation in order to extract as much money as possible from their customers (increasing ARPU, in industry parlance).    

If you still have the patience after all you have been through, I would go back to the MEO store and inquire whether this is not the source of your problems.

Best of luck.
aenpearce escreveu:
kadcel escreveu:

I am currently in dispute with MEO over a similar situation.  I have an Enjoy card I very occasionally use, I charged it with €10 on 30/08 so that some friends could use it while visiting Portugal.  To my surprise, it appears that it is possible to easily subscribe to expensive third-party value-added services without being aware of what is happening, e.g. by visiting certain sites where terms and conditions are nebulously displayed and by clicking on a 'not-really-clear-what-this-does' button.  To cut a long story short, on 02/09 €4,99 was debited from the card's balance after such a service was activated.  I have managed to track down the company involved and have lodged a complaint, both with them and with MEO.

I find it shocking that a company such as MEO that prides itself on having the best customer service (their home page refers to some 1st Prize for Customer service or somesuch, I don't really give a **bleep** at this point) should stoop to such low practices, establishing partnerships with companies of doubtful reputation in order to extract as much money as possible from their customers (increasing ARPU, in industry parlance).    

If you still have the patience after all you have been through, I would go back to the MEO store and inquire whether this is not the source of your problems.

Best of luck.

Well, I will give credit where it is due.  This afternoon a representative from MEO called me, apologised for the situation and informed me that the amount of €4,99 that had been 'nebulously' debited from my card's account had been refunded.  They also informed me that access to such 'value-added' services had been blocked following my complaint. 

I am pleased with the outcome - however I took the opportunity to ask whether Enjoy cards come with access to such services blocked by default - to which the answer I received was NO.  Therefore a word of warning to anyone acquiring such a card - ask for access to these services to be blocked upon purchase, so as to avoid such unpleasant surprises. 

Responder