Pergunta

harrasing telemarketers

• 6 July 2021
  • 3 respostas
  • 98 visualizações

How do I get MEO telemarketers to stop harassing me about a contract.  They call daily and sometimes 2 times per day. I switched to another company yesterday because of their constant harassment and even today on the last day I received a call from a telemarketer.  I called MEO last Friday to put me on the do not call list and that didn’t work.  This harassment is illegal and frustrating. Please help.  I have a contract for tv service but at this point I’m considering cancelling that too. I’ve never in my life been harassed like this by any company. 

3 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

Howdy,

You need to oppose to those marketing calls. This might happens because you didn’t oppose to marketing when you made the contract.

This is not an out-of-this-world problem, it's easy to solve along with support. If you have your products registered in your MEO customer area, you can do this with a few clicks.

I told them every time to please don’t call me.  I never had a contract and I was with them for 6 years. If they didn’t call to bother with me I’d still be with them today.  I was never told about opposing marketing ever.  If they call me now that I’m with Vodafone I will switch my tv service as well.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

ask to the commercial line when they phone you, I don’t think it’s gonna work at all. Best way is to as mention before “If you have your products registered in your MEO customer area, you can do this with a few clicks.” or else via MEO store. 

But as far as I understood, your TV service is MEO, then with your login (same you use on this forum) you can register your TV product and oppose to marketting calls. 

I think it's easier to make a few clicks or write a complaint than to change carrier. This type of operation is more effective via selfcare, because it is a selfcare facility, manageable by the customer at any time in terms of "I want or do not want to be contacted for commercial purposes, such as marketing". 

Hope this helps

Responder