Pergunta

How to cancel a contract?

• 4 January 2022
  • 6 respostas
  • 1133 visualizações

I try cancel contract. From my Meo I can’t do that, cause my MEO not allow me to add products. I can’t do that in shops, they are says that they can’t. I can’t do it by phone cause nobody speak english, promise me to callback and no one actually callback! 

Meo looks scammers. Ignore all my request to repair line, when I stopped pay, they are won’t cancel my contract (but I have this rights after 6 month using it) I even agree pay part of debt which only cover these 6 month. But… 

HOW TO FIX THAT COMPANY IGNORE ALL MY REQUESTS? Really, should I looking for lawyer for suing? Or probably some people from MEO contact with me and we solve it in another way?

6 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

there are some reason why you can’t add product in customer area:

product suspension (process of non payment).
product already terminated/canceled.
product already added in a customer area with other email.

On a MEO store they should say what is the status of your customer account. Request made for the support line, might have some delay because of the Christmas and new year season (quite expectable). 

@OmicronPersei8 I tried couple months before Christmas. I’m just really don’t understand the company ignorance. People suggest me 2 thins: going to Deco Proteste or suing.

On a MEO store they should say what is the status of your customer account. Request made for the support line, might have some delay because of the Christmas and new year season (quite expectable). 

But how? I don’t speak portuguese. I ask them please give me some English speaking person. That I can speak about this problem. And nothing. I’m waiting one month since last visit and asks.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

Please contact the number 800 209 986 for English speaking Customer Support 

In July 2022 I moved house and MEO send an engineer to the new place to install the (new) equipment. However the engineer told us that there was no or very limited signal and could not finish the installation. The engineer advised to cancel the contract, so I did. MEO however did not cancel the contract and instead of the monthly SMS invoices they charged my bank account by direct debit for services at my OLD address!! I don’t have MEO equipment nor services at the old nor the new address.

Unfortunately I found out too late because I assumed the services were properly cancelled since I did no longer receive sms invoices for Internet and Satellite, MEO only continued to send sms invoices for my mobile telephones and MEO care.

When I found out I immediately requested the bank to stop accepting any further charges from MEO. Notwithstanding my written complaints at the MEO office, they now send me email invoices and reminders instead. What is wrong with these people, any suggestion how to stop this abuse and get my money back? Is legal action really the only way to stop them abusing their customers?

In todays “Portugal News” was the following news item:

“€2.5 million fine for MEO.” MEO was found to have “hindered customers who tried to terminate contracts with the company.

Clearly this is not just about an incident or Anacom (National Communications Authority) would not have fined MEO for “violation of the rules applicable to the termination of contracts.

Responder