Resolvido

Text from 12980

• 11 June 2022
  • 11 respostas
  • 572 visualizações

Crachá
  • Principiante
  • 3 respostas

I have received a text offering me extra data to my mobile account, it came from 12980, is this from MEO or a scam number  ? 

icon

Solução por Vanessa_MEO 15 June 2022, 17:31

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

11 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

You have to answer TMB?

That is a number to have a app , mb phone, scam.

Crachá

Yes it is asking for me to text back

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

Scam , dont do it.

That number is from a app.

Crachá

Obrigada

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

All mesages from meo or you see meo in the screen or  you See 16200.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

This looks quite fishy. First things first, the large account for that number is MB Phone (in other words app for home banking / cash machine).

If they are sending short message (SMS) with that content. That does not make any sense. Does the SMS contain a URL ? If yes, let me just clarify that since the Covid pandemic, there’s a pandemic scammers issue with SMS. Generically speaking they send sms with (doesn’t matter the bait) with an URL (link to scammers website).

More dangerous is the flubot (malware infection). My strong suggestion, never open the URL on the text message.

if in doubt, open the respective official website and confirm whether or not it is a lie. Or report to the service that their name is being used for scams.

As they say here in Portugal "there are no free lunches"

Crachá

This is the screen shot of the message, haven't replied as always very careful with unsolicited messages/emails

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

@OmicronPersei8 o que é engraçado é que se vires em baixo diz meo e a mensagem até parece verdade, agora o n de centro de mensagem é que não .

Estranho .

@Roj sorry be in portuguese .

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

@Trutafario o que aparece em baixo é o nome do cartão que recebeu, quando é tlm dual sim. Aquilo até é personalizável. 

@Roj thanks for the prints. That does not looks like the scam i described. I'll dig that further 

Reputação 7
Crachá +24

@OmicronPersei8 ok ok , obrigado, só o n diz diz tudo . 
Eles andam a aprimorar a coisa.

Reputação 7
Crachá +26

Olá @Roj 

I checked, It’s a MEO campaign. The SMS is safe, you can reply to it, don’t worry.