Rede mesh com router TG789vac-v2

• 20 April 2020
  • 2 respostas
  • 3740 visualizações

Crachá +1
  • Dinamizador Júnior
  • 11 respostas

Boas,

Estou a ponderar adquirir uma solução mesh da TP Link (Deco) para espalhar o sinal da rede wi-fi pela casa.
Nas configurações do produto indicam que deverei colocar o router do operador (TG789vac-v2) em modo bridge e desativar a rede wireless.

Tenho lido aqui no fórum que colocar o router TG789vac-v2 em modo bridge, e mantendo a box e restantes equipamentos lá ligados,  tem provocado problemas na box’s, nomeadamente chegando a bloquear a imagem.

Alguém com alguma configuração ou experiência nesse tipo de situações que possa clarificar. sff?
O modo bridge trás implicações para as box’s da MEO?

Obrigado

icon

Solução por MeoUser2020 14 December 2020, 19:55

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

2 respostas

Crachá +2

Hi -

Sorry this is in English, I was using safari translate in the forum and was able to see your question, I hope you can read English or translate with apple or google translate!  

Using M5 as a Router

I do not think that I put the MEO router in bridge mode (not sure how to do that).  What I did was call MEO and turn off the WIFI mode on the MEO FIBER Router.  I then put the DECO M5 in Router mode, plugged it directly into the MEO Router.  I am lucky because I have Ethernet (RJ45) throughout my house, so I was able to plug in M5 units on different floors directly into the main DECO via Ethernet so I was using Ethernet as the backhaul.  This worked ok in terms of having a MESH network across floors and allow me to move on WIFI from one floor to another without losing WIFI or changing networks.  My TV MEO Box has been fine for the TV signal working ok.  No issues there. 

However, after two weeks, I have found that the DECO M5 devices signal is not as as strong as I would like - there are still areas of the main floor where the MEO Router and Main DECO are located which are not getting good WIFI throughput with the DECO. I contacted TP Link - they were very helpful and told me that given my setup of the different floors and possibly the construction (cement floors) that it was going to be difficult for the Signal to go through multiple floors (Which I can understand given I have lived in apartment buildings before and most networks are only still visible maybe one to two floors in either direction).  I think that MESH using a wireless channel for the backhaul works better in a horizontal layout where it can relay or houses that are not all cement floors. (But I could be wrong on this point). I think with cement floors the units will need to be closer together, and need more units. TP Link did tell me I should potentially get more units. Good for sales!

So I called MEO and had them turn on my WIFI again and turned off the DECO to see if the areas on the main floor that were getting weak signal would be any better.  They were in fact better.  So my very rudimentary conclusion is that the signal from the MEO WIFI Router has either larger antennas or stronger power as the Speedtest show much higher throughput (80% of my 200MB download vs. 45% when I was using the DECO M5 on the same floor in the same room on the main floor).  

Using M5 as an access point

I have now left the MEO Router WIFI Turned on, used the DECO M5 as access points on the 2nd and 3rd floors of the house and while this can work as well, it has negatives. 

1. I cannot use the same name on the Network or the ^hand off^ Will not work very well when moving around the house. The names cause conflict. So this means I will have to have two different names and manually switch to the network that I want to be connected to.  Either the downstairs MEO Router when I am downstairs, or the DECO Mesh M5 when on the second or 3rd floor.   I could put one of the M5 on the first floor as well, but then I would have two networks which would not make much sense and end up being more complicated in my opinion. 
  2. In Access Point Mode, many of the features of the DECO M5 are lost.  No Virus Software, No Child Controls (although this has not really worked for me very well either), no QoS.

I am still debating what I will do next. In some ways it is a question of what is more important.  Being able to roam through the house freely without having to change networks, or covering more area with the least amount of DECO and WIFI antennas. Of course I could try using a different company MESH system and see if the out put is better.

Hope this helps!

==MEO FIBER 200/100 Installed November 2020==

==DECO M5== (AT THE MOMENT)....

Reputação 3
Crachá +13

O TG789vac-v2 em modo bridge perde o IPv6, mas a box funciona normalmente assim como a internet, IPv4 apenas, claro.

Eu até usei a box ligada a um TP-Link Archer C1200, nunca deu problemas.