Internet connection constantly fails

• 21 March 2018
  • 1 resposta
  • 1538 visualizações

Internet connection is not stable and constantly fails. With speed tests I make at different time of the day and night I get results from 0.05 mbit/s to 30 mbit/s (contract is 30Mbps). Ping from 2ms to 350ms. (Tests are performed when no other devices are active on network).

Meo does not respond to tickets created in support section.

What should I do? My idea is to terminate the contract because of terrible service and lack of support.

1 resposta

Reputação 3
escreveu:
Internet connection is not stable and constantly fails. With speed tests I make at different time of the day and night I get results from 0.05 mbit/s to 30 mbit/s (contract is 30Mbps). Ping from 2ms to 350ms. (Tests are performed when no other devices are active on network).

Meo does not respond to tickets created in support section.

What should I do? My idea is to terminate the contract because of terrible service and lack of support.

Hi, I suppose you are measuring speed with a PC connected via ethernet cable.

If you are using WiFi connection may not be stable due to neighbour networks and interferences.

A good tool is to use a WiFi Analyzer (there are free tools  for Android, iOS, Windows) to understand which channels suits you the most.

If you use speedtest.net (html5 or Flash) please ensure that connected server is MEO-Lisbon or MEO-Évora.

Oficial MEO measuring tool is qos.meo.pt (internet explorer, java).

It is also a good idea to ensure that the PC is not running other processes and for not great performance PCs I would suggest turning off temporarly anti-virus, firewall and battery saver settings.

Please let me know about your measuring setup.

Thanks

Responder