Resolvido

Fibra packets loss 20%

• 30 November 2022
  • 7 respostas
  • 318 visualizações

Crachá

I am using MEO fibra at home and am loosing internet connection every 20 seconds for 5 seconds. Checked on different devices - the issue is definitely on MEO side. Called to support - they told me that they will fix it, but the issue is not solved. Please fix my internet!

icon

Solução por omicronpersei8 30 November 2022, 20:23

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

7 respostas

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

Is it wifi or cable? Do you have what router? Fibergateway?

Suggest to factory reset your router and test without other devices connected.
the error log “no route to host” in the middle of the ping test, sounds like Router dynamic dns table  problems (factory reset should solve the problem).

Crachá

@OmicronPersei8  macbook is 2 meters from router, connected via wifi and there is no wall between them. Router is Fibergateway.

I’ve done router factory reset - “no route to host” issue is gone, thank you!)

But still, package packets loss rate is 10 times bigger than it should be. Any ideas on how to solve that? 

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

I would say you might have a wifi channel colision. On the router interface on the wifi settings you can swap the channel from “auto” (i would bet it is in channel 11) and try another channel (avoid channel 6, you can try 3, 4, 5, 7, 8, 9).

Explanation: other ISP’s use mostly this channel 11 for their community wifi, avoid some busy channels it will boost your connection for sure. 

here some portuguese description and photos to guide you 

On the other side I would recommend you to fix the internal IP of your devices, so you garantee less DNS table stress, everytime you connect that device it will have always same internal IP (range 192.168.1.XXX)

Let me know if that fix your issue. 

Crachá

@OmicronPersei8 I’ve changed my wifi channel to 3, reloaded router, reconnected to wifi. The problem still exists - when I am running `ping 192.168.1.254` I still see package loss 20 percent.

It seems like something with my router, right? Any ideas on how can I replace it? I cannot connect MEO operator because I cannot understand what voice mail tells me when calling 16209 lol =)

Also, some offtop info - I cannot disable smart wifi because it say “The Smart WiFi of the fibergateway is not configurable when mesh topology is enabled in the network.” and also I have no idea what Voice device is connected to my router.

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

@mriabchenko

The loss continues, this might be something of the ONT or pigtail (check if the optical cable is well connected, if you try to unplug, power off the router first. this router are both ONT and router). Check if the optical cable is not folded, creased.

Otherwise could need to techinician to check the pigtail on the exterior. (TX value between both screenshots changes a bit).

When you network is in mesh mode I don’t think you can change the channel.  but test done and timeouts persist this is another issue, why I suspect something on your optical connnections.

At this point please contact the number 800 209 986 for English speaking Customer Support.If you hear the IVR press 9 to speak directly with the assistant.Mention the packet loss, , mention that you did a factory reset, wifi diagnosis, pigtail and cable check.

Crachá

@OmicronPersei8 I’ve managed to solve this issue by changing the router. I went to meo office, brought them my old router and exchanged it to another one (same model). After I’ve connected a new router all issues are gone))

Thank you a lot for your help!) That was an amazing journey with the happy end)

Also, my all the devices are now automatically connected to 5G network (they were previously automatically connected to 2.4G). And also router admin panel works super fast now (previously it was slow and laggy)

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

Glad it is fixed. To prevent your wifi turned into mesh, avoid use the MEO Smart WiFi aplication.