Resolvido

Fiber Piece of Crap

• 11 December 2018
  • 3 respostas
  • 1518 visualizações

Sorry my PT is not good enough for writing this...
I am a MEO client for about 8 years now, we recently changed to the new fiber option.
So far my experience with this sux ass to say the least, I spent 3 hours yesterday trying to contact support all to no avail.

My MEO Fiber Issues:
  • DNS fucked, slow, blocks and redirects.
  • Firewall a Joke, for sure just a gimmick on/off wtf...
  • Constant re-directions to MEO fucking adverts and login pages.
  • Wireless with a constant MEO wifi access, again advertising their service on my home network, not to mention telling everyone I have meo and giving them a hint on how to hack the shit out of the router/wifi.
The way I see it, Meo:
Is Stealing my data,
Redirecting my traffic,
Stopping me from accessing half the web,
Advertising their services on my network.

This so far is the shittiest fiber connection I have ever had, and its the first, even my ADSL had less issues, was faster at making page requests, I didnt have my traffic redirected to some sales shit, I actually had an internet connection, and I ddint advertise their services on my network.

Thankfully we are still in our first week, at this point I am very much inclined to remove MEO from our lives, and maybe change to Vodaphone...
Anybody have a worse experience with them? Or is that also the same shit?

At the moment I think MEO should be paying me for having this service!
Paying me for Advertising their shit on my home network!
Paying me for my traffic and data.

I have sent a msg to the sales rep to hope that he will help solve this, but I know I will be visiting vodaphone today and see what our options are there, rather pay more and have full control over what I am paying for.
icon

Solução por Plutão 12 December 2018, 12:58

Ver original

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.

3 respostas

Hello,

I've never encounter anything like you are trying to describe unless you're connected to the MEO-WiFi service (and you can disable it on your client area) and not your own WiFi network. MEO doesn't: steal your data, redirects your traffic nor advertises their services.

MEO is the only ISP in Portugal that can guarantee Fiber-to-the-Home others can't give you that and if you have their new router the 'Fibergateway' you should expect constant firmware updates.

You can always changed your DNS to Google or Cloudflare's DNS service and test your service again. Beware that some websites in Portugal are blocked due to court orders and this applies to all ISPs.

Let me know if you have any other questions.
Reputação 2
Crachá +3
..."MEO is the only ISP in Portugal that can guarantee Fiber-to-the-Home others can't give you that"...
Are you sure? VODAFONE?? no? and by the way, NOS in several places where there is no EURODocsis 3.1 network is deploying FTTH technology to new costumers and also in partnership with VODAFONE using their FTTH network.

MEO is not the only one that can guarantee Fiber-to-the-Home connection.

ADSL or fiber, either or. You have to set up your account with Meo correctly first. Until this initial set-up is done correctly you will be diverted to Meo internal pages, in portuguese only, that tells you : "Do the set-up".

If you do not understand the language, consult someone that can help you to do the required initial set-up.

When it comes to the built-in firewall, it is rather rudimentary and it does not allow any tuning or real protection. I advise you to purchase an additional second layer router with a built in firewall that can protect your internal network, as well as providing vpn service for secure external traffic. You can of also use a professional separate firewall but they are more expensive and really overkill in any home environment.

Good luck.

Goran