Resolvido

Billing and services concerns

• 10 January 2021
  • 4 respostas
  • 146 visualizações

Crachá +1

Dear Meo.

I have concerns regarding billing and the way in which I have been supported by Meo teams.

On 14/08/2019, I set up a new contract with Meo as I was dissatisfied with the previous service. The service before was a 4G portable dongle.

When requesting the new service, I highlighted the fact that the 4G signal in my area was not reliable so I requested fixed line internet.

After a number of days, the new router was installed, a desktop 4G router.

At the same time the new contract was set up, a request was made for the old 4G service to be discontinued. The number for that is 965503441.

I have not been able to follow this up as closely as I would have liked due to my not being in the country, lockdowns etc… having said that, I have visited the store a couple of times to discuss my concerns about billing amounts but nothing has been done. The main issue I had is the repeated charge of EUR 34.99 above the expected new contract value. I produced bank statements to show these.

On my last visit to the store I raised a complaint and when I received a communication by email from your side, it stated the following :

In response to your request, we inform you that broadband card No. 965503441 will be canceled on 11/29/2020. 

We inform you that the billing up to the cancellation date will be correctly issued and without corrections to be made, as there was no record of a formal deactivation request previously. 

And also :

Following your request, we inform that the number 965503441 disables the 29/11/2020. 
More inform, hat there is no previous deactivation request, so exceptionally we issued a € 34.99 credit note, for the month of november. 

Since that time you will be pleased to know, I have found the original cancellation document issued at the Portimao store, copy available on request. It is clearly dated 14/08/2019.

Equally clearly, it is obvious that I made the cancellation request but that Meo did not act upon it.

To summarise, please see the following points :

• The 4G router suffers from the same service and signal issues as the portable one.
  • I was not informed that I would receive another 4G service instead of fixed line, as per my request.
  • The supplied router is of poor quality and does not fulfill my need.
  • The original cancellation request was lost in your system.
  • Through no fault of mine, you have been charging me EUR 34.99 monthly since September 2019 thru October 2020.

To remedy the situation, I would ask that :

• You refund 13 months of EUR 34.99
  • You provide options for a more reliable internet service than 4G.
icon

Solução por omicronpersei8 30 November 2021, 23:35

Ver original

4 respostas

Crachá +1

Meo, I have not had any contact from this post. I have also registered a complaint at your store in Portimao but I have still heard nothing from your side. Is this usual..?

could someone from meo call me regarding billing 

Reputação 7
Crachá +23

could someone from meo call me regarding billing 

This is a public forum. You can call them by the support line https://www.meo.pt/linhas-apoio or locally at a MEO store.

yes and waste 13 euros of my call time on hold 

Responder