Pergunta

Abuso de Custo de Terminacao de Contracto de Internet com MEO

• 1 February 2021
  • 0 respostas
  • 106 visualizações

Dear MEO, 

I have an internet account with MEO which I opened in Tavira at the MEO shop in Tavira Grande Plaza. At the time, I was quite concerned about signing up to high speed fibre connection. I was not informed that the contract was for 2 years nor of the penalty for ending the internet contract with MEO before the 2 years were over. 

I was only informed how I could access the internet for 24 hours per day. This was in December 2020. 

All I wanted was the reliability of high speed, fibre internet. 

Today, owing to circumstances out of my hand, I had to cancel the internet contract with MEO and was informed that I would have to pay 578 Euros, only return the router and TV box in March (5th of March ) and that I still had to pay the month of February - a period of time when I am no longer at that particular address. 

This is totally unacceptable. This has just happened in the Algarve, where contracts are for 1 month, 2 months and up to 6 or 12 months. However, there are no contracts for 24 months of my knowledge. Even if there are, it is not my case nor of my knowledge. Hence, it would not be possible to accept such a long term contract of 24 months with such a heavy penalty when I would have to cancel the MEO internet contract. 

I sincerely hope this may be rectified because it is outrageous and unethical to charge such amounts for no service to clients who were not informed about this in advance.

Thanking you in advance for your time and consideration, I do expect some form of positive action and a reply.

Best wishes, 

Ana Cristina Pratas

Tópico fechado, já não permite mais respostas.